Natural Remedies to Help Cure a Urinary Tract Infection
When I was about 13 weeks pregnant, I received a call from my doctor’s office. The nurse was letting me know that I had a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) based on my urine sample that I had given at my 12 week appointment. At first I thought that was impossible because I was in no pain whatsoever, and then I looked it up on trusted medical sites like WebMD and I learned that 50% of pregnant women actually get them and even if I had no pain, it didn’t mean that it couldn’t be detected in my urine. So I reached out to some other crunchy moms because as usual, this is an infection so of course, my doctor prescribed antibiotics. I learned that antibiotics tend to cause serious problems later on in life. An article I saw on natural news discusses some of the things the moms were telling me. So I decided to find out some natural remedies to help cure a urinary tract infection and share them with you all as well:
1) If you are in pain, you can use lemongrass essential oil and rub it on your lower abdomen.
2) Take cranberry pills or drink lots of 100% cranberry juice. It will change your ph and get rid of it.
3) Eat cranberries, pineapple. Drink lots of water. Eat yogurt. All of these things eaten in large quantities should flush it out pretty quickly.
4) Try to cut down on sugar and try not to eat any extra sugar. This can really make it worse.
5) Stay away from baths for a bit and if you have a shower sponge or poofy ball toss it.
6) Also go commando or wear 100% Cotton panties. No thongs. Nylons are said to cause the infections.
7) You can take cranberry concentrate. It’s very sour but you can drink it with about a 1/4 cup of water then chug a big glass of water to get rid of the sour taste.
8) You can make a paste of garlic/honey and rub it on the soles of your feet and wear socks to bed with a towel under your feet. The mom who suggested this remedy said that when she did this one night it was better by the morning.
Preventative Measures: take probiotics on a daily basis. Some still want to take antibiotics. It was suggested that if you do, be sure to take probiotics with it.
I hope this helps someone out there! As you all might be aware, I am trying to live a medicine and toxin free life. These tips were awesome and I hope even one of you can use them if you get this infection one day.
Have you tried any natural remedies that have worked out for you in the past?
Would you be willing to try something like this as opposed to taking antibiotics? Why or why not?
I’d love to hear your thoughts!