A New Season
I’m late writing this post. I was contemplating not writing it at all this week. The last two days I’ve been so tired and I haven’t had the words to come up with a list for you all this week. I felt like if I wrote something it would be redundant. I’m sitting here at my computer with my husband dozing off, King of Queens playing in the background and JR is playing with his toys on the floor. Ok here it goes….
1) We just came back from the grocery store. I can honestly say that I don’t take our ability to get food lightly. We’ve come across some tough times in our life and I know others have experienced even tougher times.
2) I plan on writing more about his progress this coming week, but JR’s learning seems to be really coming along. We teach him things in everyday situations, but I’ve been most surprised at how well he’s been picking up his numbers and letters.
3) I’m friends with some of you on Facebook so you might have seen my status I shared about losing a dear friend this past week. I wish I could explain why this separation was understandable and justified. You all are so nice and accepting of so many people from all walks of life so it might be difficult to understand. I will say that this friend did the right thing. I’ve grown from where I once was with her and it was time for us both to move on. As Harroll and I have moved along in our faith, the closest people to us have changed with the seasons, literally. I’m thankful that we are able to carry on with our lives because when you outgrow people it’s more beneficial for everyone to move on rather than to stay and make it more difficult for one another. I know this isn’t the case for all relationships, but it was necessary with this one so I’m grateful the band-aid was pulled off abruptly as opposed to us trying to delay what we both knew would have been inevitable.
4) Harroll starts a new position on the 1st. I’m thankful for that.
5) He had a temporary promotion a few months back and because we believe Yahuah showed him favor, he was able to shine in his role and he really impressed his superiors, so they asked him to interview for a different position that would be more money and permanent. We were very thankful that he had looks his way for that temporary position because it really has opened some doors for him at his job.
6) I’m thankful for the new additions as far as female connections in this new phase of my life. It seems in each season, Yahuah is faithful to bring some alongside of me to walk with me for a time. I think I will know when those connections are more permanent. For now, many that I have met have been just sent for only a season.
7) Among blog friends, do you ever notice when a relationship you have with one of them takes on a deeper connection? I love watching that happen. There have been a few blog friends I can think of where I can remember seeing that evolve in the comment interaction we’ve had on one another’s blogs. I love that about blogging and I’m thankful for that interaction I’m able to have with other women in different parts of the world.
8) You all know that movie where Jack Nicholson says “you can’t handle the truth!” I’ll be honest. As much as I always want the truth, sometimes I honestly can’t always handle it. I’ve felt it more than ever this past week. I even cried because of the realization once it hit me, but I’m handling it and no matter how hard it is to receive it, I’m thankful for it.
9) Funny people. They’ve made my sad moments feel happier so that was something to be grateful for this week.
10) I made it to a new season! It’s a new place I’ve never been and as always, I don’t really know what to expect next, but I’m here..thankfully!
What are you all thankful for this week?